BlogPhoto2012

Bittersweet eve

My heart is full and empty at the same time. It is midnight, and it is officially my 27th birthday. Geez, where does time go? I feel so old...so vulnerable, susceptible, nostalgic, yet happy. I am grateful to my Father in heaven who has blessed me with these years of life, with the family I was born into, and the family I inherited when I married my best friend. These are the components of a full heart. Yet, at the same time, my heart feels somewhat empty from a void of the treasures of childhood: naiveté and carelessness. I wish that these treasures never had to fade away. To be like a child again...Fortunately, the melancholy of memories from the past is easily overcome with hope and anticipation for what the future holds :)

1 Notes:

John and Jessica said...

Kris, I totally agree! It's still hard for me to realize that I'm THE adult. :) So weird. I miss those carefree days. We're 27!? Oh dear...