First Mother's Day
Have I mentioned that I have the best husband EVER? Well, I do. This morning, my poor husband who got home from work at 12:30, woke up at 7:00 am (very early for him) to make me a delicious breakfast comprised of french toast, a fresh fruit medley, bacon strips, and orange juice. It was the perfect way to begin the Sabbath. Usually we are scrambling to make it to church on time. We had breakfast, got ready, and were on time to church. Church was good...I think. Most of the time I am too busy keeping Kamila from crawling up and down the aisles. Which, actually, happened today. Only that today, as I roamed the halls with my little crawler, I thought about what it really means to be a mother. To be a mother means to roam the halls with my daughter, even if it means that I miss out on other things, such as Relief Society class. As it is with many things in life. Mothers, good mothers, sacrifice themselves: their needs, wants, wishes, longings, all for the sake of what is best for their child. At first I was slightly annoyed that Kami chooses to act up specifically when we are at church. But then I finally understood something that has been right in front of me all along. Motherhood is the encapsulation of what the Savior taught. He taught that "he who loses his life for my sake will find it". Mothers lose themselves amidst the tremendous effort required to raise a child with love, principles, and morals. However, mothers also find a life, a very priceless and rewarding life, as they do so. I have learned more about the Savior now that I am a mother. I think I may have 'lost' who I used to be. That is a good thing. I believe I am losing the Kristal who was naturally and unconsciously self-centered and am slowing becoming the mother who has found a fulfilling life completely centered around my adorable husband and tender daughter. I feel so grateful to have been given the responsibility and gift of motherhood. I am also grateful for the two mothers that I have. One gave me life and has taught me, through her example, how to live it so that I can be happy. My other mother gave me her son, who gives meaning to my life. I am proud to say that I have two amazing, wonderful women whom I call Mom. I love you both with all of me and thank you for everything that you have done and continue to do for us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 Notes:
Post a Comment