I remember wondering just 6 years ago if I would ever be married to that perfect guy and have perfect little beings call me "mommy". It is almost surreal at times to see myself in the shoes I so yearned for. I understand that the greatest rewards come from the greater challenges. Motherhood is no exception. Having a little girl come into my life after 10 long months of endless nausea and heartburn, backaches, sleepless nights, and fatigued days has been one of the greatest blessings of my life. Although being a mother has been challenging to the point of wondering what it is about me that made God think me to be an apt mother, it has also been the most wonderful role that I could have assumed. I love to look at this little girl and see a reflection of myself and sometimes of her father, staring back at me; I love how she caresses my face when I hold her in my arms before bed; I love how she screeches when she is excited; I love how she looks at Chip; I LOVE HER. After all, how could anyone resist this delicate, tender, little perfection? Kamila, I love you with all my heart and I am thankful for the gift of being chosen to be your mother.
To be a Mother
I remember wondering just 6 years ago if I would ever be married to that perfect guy and have perfect little beings call me "mommy". It is almost surreal at times to see myself in the shoes I so yearned for. I understand that the greatest rewards come from the greater challenges. Motherhood is no exception. Having a little girl come into my life after 10 long months of endless nausea and heartburn, backaches, sleepless nights, and fatigued days has been one of the greatest blessings of my life. Although being a mother has been challenging to the point of wondering what it is about me that made God think me to be an apt mother, it has also been the most wonderful role that I could have assumed. I love to look at this little girl and see a reflection of myself and sometimes of her father, staring back at me; I love how she caresses my face when I hold her in my arms before bed; I love how she screeches when she is excited; I love how she looks at Chip; I LOVE HER. After all, how could anyone resist this delicate, tender, little perfection? Kamila, I love you with all my heart and I am thankful for the gift of being chosen to be your mother.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 Notes:
Post a Comment