BlogPhoto2012

Memorial Day




For Memorial Day weekend we met up with my in-laws and brother-in-law and his family in Page, Arizona. The weather wasn't the best but being on Lake Powell is always nice. It's so beautiful, I love it.
Originally Chip and I were thinking that it would be best if i didn't get on Papa's boat at all since I am (or was at the time) 36 weeks along and those killer bumps could send me into labor. However, once we got there, Brigitte (my sister-in-law) was persuaded to bring aboard little Danni (6 weeks old) and I knew that this was my chance to tough it up. If Brig could do that, then I definitely could get on the boat too! Surprinsingly, our multiple rides on the boat went very well. This little girl is going to be just like her daddy, a complete daredevil and fearless. I can feel it. She was such a good baby. I think the motion was soothing and she didn't move at all for a while that it even scared me. Once we were back on land I told Chip that I was scared that I hadn't felt her in what seemed to be a long time (she's usually pretty active during the day and extremely mellow at night). After a little prayer and feeling like the worst mother-to-be, she started kicking and punching like her normal self to my relief.
The boys did a lot of wakeboarding and found boulders to jump off of into the water. Chip and Dad got to go exploring Antelope Canyon which they loved! Thanks again Mom and Dad for a great weekend!

0 Notes: