BlogPhoto2012

Two Years Ago...


..I married my best friend in the Salt Lake Temple. It's hard to believe that 2 years have already flown by. I still feel like it was only yesterday. Actually, it feels like I met him only yesterday. We had been exchanging emails and phone calls for about 2 months when we finally met each other. It was Conference weekend in April 2006 and some friends and I came up for a couple of days. Chip originally had invited me out to dinner but we ended up going to the Malt Shoppe with my friends (this is the very condensed version, and MY version- Chip's is way more interesting!) because I was too nervous to be one-on-one date. I remember exactly the outfit he had on (and I am not the kind of person to remember or notice what people wear, I promise), the smell of the cologne he was wearing and knowing at the moment he first hugged me that this boy was here to stay. I'm not trying to be sappy or corny. I knew that night that he was the one for me. I don't think I have ever been so nervous as I was around him that night. My friends immediately gave their approval and we all had a great time. The day after we had our second date and I kissed him because I thought he wasn't going to and that was that. We did the long-distance thing from April to August, I moved up to Utah, dated for 7 more months, he FINALLY proposed, and we were married 2 months later. Each day only gets better. Chipper, I adore you and love being your wife. Thanks for asking!

3 Notes:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

Moss Family said...

Awe... I love it! Happy Anniversary and congratulations! You two are the cutest. Can't wait to meet your new little girl! Glad to see you living it up until the moment she arrives. Hope to see you soon. :)


(ps- sorry I missed your coupon class last night. Wanted to come, but the babysitter thing eluded me this week!)

Carolyn said...

Happy anniversary! You two are so cute. We think you're a wonderful couple. :)