BlogPhoto2012

Anniversary Weekend




Not my best picture..I feel like I'm catching up to that hungry boy!






Chip loved that all the pictures in the men's bathroom had some sort of water fountain. Very appropriate!





Chip surprised me once again for our anniversary (he always comes up with something very thoughtful and creative for special occasions). While at work that morning, he text me and told me to pack some things because we would be out that night and not coming home. I didn't make any inquiries as to where or what we would be doing because I know better..this meant that he had another surprise up his sleeve. I love that he does this!

Chip came home from work, we hopped in the car and drove to Salt Lake. I really had no idea where we were going until we came to very close proximity to our destination: Castle Creek Inn! We spent our wedding night at this bed and breakfast which is very elegant, romantic and quaint. Needless to say I was a very happy and excited girl! We cheked in and headed out for dinner. That was my part of the evening planning and decided to take Chip to Buca di Beppo. I had been there once and liked the food and also because I wanted him to see the creepy Pope John Paul II head that spins in the middle of a table. Unfortunately, you have to have a party of at least 11 people to sit at the creepy table so we were seated elsewhere (and forgot to take a picture of the dang thing!). Anyway, we enjoyed our dinner and our waiter was awesome. He asked me questions about my pregnancy and the baby and right after dinner he brought over a yummy cake on the house "to congratulate me and to calm dad's nerves." It was really cute.

The next day we woke up "late" (9:00..Chip usually is up by 6:15), had yummy breakfast at the Inn and headed for the State Capitol. Chip had never been inside so we toured it and looked at the murals. Then we grabbed lunch at Gandolfo's and headed to Liberty Park where we had planned to rent a paddleboat (there is a huge pond with ducks) but it was closed so we went to the Tracy Aviary. We fed ducks, swans, and pellicans mostly. The highlight was watching a Kookabeara eat a mouse. I'll spare the details so that you can watch for yourself. It was definitely entertaining! Cheers to many more days like these to come. I love you Chip!


2 Notes:

Carolyn said...

How fun! Kristal, you are so cute. I think you are a very cute pregnant lady - you definitely don't look like that hungry boy in your picture.

I'm glad you had such a fun time celebrating your anniversary!

Angelle said...

SICK!!! Thank you for the graphic video, you just had to share it, didn't you! ;) Anyway, Chip I think you should share your anniversary planning skills with Mark, how fun! Congrats!