Once again, I have failed at taking pictures of an important event. Oh well...he will have many more birthdays so that I can redeem myself. Chip's birthday was on a Sunday, but we started the festivities on Friday. Angelle, Mark, JD, Katie, Kamila, Chip and I started off the evening with dinner at Malawis. So good! We really liked that it is a sit-down dining place yet you can chat away to your hearts desire without the subtle, yet annoying, hints given by a server to hurry up and make way for the next tip-paying patron.
Afterwards we headed over to the Provo Beach Resort for some bowling, and OH MAN, it was hilarious! JD, you crack us up. I have never seen anyone fling a bowling ball so beautifully as you do.
On Saturday, my best friend Laura (this girl deserves her own post- we have been friends since we were 9 or 10 and have never had any sort of disagreement. Yes, its true. That is how amazing she is and what an extraordinary friend she is.) watched Kami while Chip and I went up to Salt Lake for some shopping and dinner. Our friends and us decided to eat at Texas Roadhouse. We called ahead and were told to come in in 30 minutes. Well, we got there exactly when they told us to and yet had to wait another 30-45 minutes to be seated. The manager was made aware of our situation and offered to comp 2 appetizers for the wait. We eventually got a table and received the best service ever. Our server was awesome! After Chip was obliged to ride the saddle as we sang to him and once we had finished our dinner, our server informed us that the manager wanted to comp our party's ENTIRE meal for the hassle we went through. Sweet, huh?! We then watched a movie and headed home.
On Sunday, the 3 of us went to church and were there the entire time. I think that alone was one of the best things about this birthday. We then had dinner with our closest friends and Laura made the best "chocoflan" ever! I can't believe I have been missing out on this scrumptious dessert.
I will post the few pictures that we have of this weekend once we figure out why Chip's iPhone isn't letting us do so (any suggestions?).
Chip, you are an amazing friend, husband, father. You are so loved. ¡Feliz CumpleaƱos Amor!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 Notes:
Post a Comment