BlogPhoto2012

Meet the Pro

Yesterday started out kind of rough for several small, insignificant reasons. I had the hardest time sleeping and probably only got about 3 hours of sleep for the entire night. When Kamila woke up, Chip had to get out the door asap and I had to tend to a very demanding and ornery almost-2-year-old.
 We did our usual routine: breakfast, clean-up, play-time/annoying Dora playing on the background. At this point I figured it was safe to finish some projects on my computer.

Safe was an understatement.

I was happily creating new photography actions and reading my sweet friend Jessica's blog post when all of a sudden Kami runs over to me with my mighty hairbrush and bangs it on my computer's spacebar.

The end. {Of that computer anyway}

My laptop froze, wouldn't turn off, I made it turn off, took the battery out, then it wouldn't turn on. At all. Then the tears came {Jess, I blame you mostly for this}, I called my IT savvy hubby and we figured the best thing to do was to take it in to the Apple store in Salt Lake.

Sigh.

A 40 minute drive two ways with an ornery baby did not sound like fun. Anyway, Kami was a doll the entire time {which is especially unusual at the Apple store-too many things to look at and not being able to touch} and I got the best customer service ever. I told the gentleman that was helping me about the issues I have had with my Macbook in the past and he mentioned how unusual these issues were for a Mac. He took the laptop with him and disappeared to the backroom for about 20 minutes.
He walks back out and gives me the bad news: my beloved laptop was dead. Like, "nothing-we-can-do-here-but-MAYBE-they-can-fix-it-in-California" dead. He must have seen my huge disappointment and preoccupation because he said:

Awesome Apple Guy: "You know what, I can't understand why it is not working. I took it apart and it looks immaculate. SO... we normally don't do this but I  think I would like to offer you a new computer...it would be the silver one though."
Me: Really? I don't care what color it is as long as I have a computer! (I am leaving town in a few days and absolutely need a computer for the shoots I will be doing on vacation)

Awesome Apple Guy disappears for another 3 minutes and lo and behold, comes back in the room with the store manager AND -
a brand-new Macbook PRO still in the box {YES, an upgrade from my Macbook that was 2 years old and bought for only $400} for free. I couldn't believe it. I still can't.

So, moral of the story is {no, I promise my intention is not to brag...well, maybe just a little}:
1. It ALWAYS pays off to be courteous to everyone you deal with
  -----  and most importantly -----
2. Many times in life we lose things only to have them be replaced with better things, be it a laptop, job, friends, etc.

Everything happens for a reason and everything always works out in the end.

Thank you Kami for ruining my laptop :)

6 Notes:

Unknown said...

Don't you love it when things surprise you and work out like that? I'm glad your story had a happy ending. :)

Kristal said...

Thanks Charity! :)

Jessica said...

Wait... You blame the tears on Jess like, me Jess? How come it's my fault??

Glad it worked out! :) You're more blessed than you think!

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Yitein said...

well there you have it! that is an amazing story! good and honest people still exist in the world that's for sure! :D

Kristal said...

Thanks girls!