BlogPhoto2012

Happy First Birthday Kamila!

Kamila and I once again abandoned poor Chip to spend some time in Texas with my family. We had originally planned to only go to Texas for one week, but considering the failing health of GranDad (Chip's grandfather) we decided it would be prudent to make a stop in Phoenix. So, to make a long story short, Kami and I ended up flying to El Paso a week before Chip drove down to meet us. I always enjoy being home...we watched the World Cup every day, did some swimming at my parent's pool, ate yummy mexican food, and...planned Kamila's birthday party. That was a lot of work. Never. Again. Will. I. Stress. For. A. Birthday. Party. The party was not quite what I had pictured mentally, in my perfectionist mind, but I think it turned out ok. We had about 50 to 60 guests and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. The theme was Pinkalicious (children's book) and I made Kamila her very own Pinkalicious cupcake to dig into. She liked it alright, but didn't go crazy over it like I thought she would. But, at least I got my much desired pictures and memories of her tiny hands attempting to devour an unfamiliar pink whipped object. And her face...I will never forget the face that she made when she saw it. Her expressions, I think, tell me exactly what she is thinking. At that moment in time, she said "Mom, am I really allowed to eat this?".

Chip was in El Paso for 4 days and then we all drove to Phoenix along with my sister Alexa and cousin Amaris. The trip was short but fun and delightful as it always is. We visited with GranDad who was in good spirits and was looking very handsome and considerably healthy given that he just turned 93. We could not leave Phoenix without a trip to the lake, so we went twice. I am getting much better at wakeboarding, I may add. I am very proud of myself. Even Kami enjoyed the lake. She hated her lifevest, but loved to stand and observe Chip as he was out boarding and skiing. She is so much like her father...two daredevil peas in a pod.

As for one-year-old Miss Kamila, she:
*loves to give kisses, on the mouth (sometimes she tries to stick her tongue in my mouth!)
*loves to dance
*like to say "no,no, no" all while pointing at whoever it is that she is scolding (this I am not too proud of. I have to think of alternate ways to saying NO..any suggestions?)
*likes to share her food with others by shoving it into their mouths
*squeals when she is given her white blankie and then rubs her face into it
*says mama, papa, no, nummy-nummy-num (whenever she sees food that is appetizing and also signs for more), ga-ta (gracias), hello, bye-bye
*she can eat. And eat.And eat...yet she is still tiny! She will eat just about anything. No complaints whatsoever in this department. She loves her peas as much as she loves peaches.
*she is so loving and tender. She loves to touch our faces and snuggle.
*she has 3 teeth and one slightly poking through
*She is the most perfect little blessing to have come into our lives.

We sure love her...we think we will keep her.

4 Notes:

Angelle said...

Neither of my boys loved the cake the first birthday. Don't worry that will change before you know it! Chip looks good in pink.

Kristal said...

He looks good in every color huh?! ;)

Jessica said...

Maybe instead of just saying no, you could say, "No, THANK YOU." ;)

Kristal said...

Haha ...good one Jess ;)