BlogPhoto2012

So I Married A Poet...

Chip, you are such an amazing person with so many talents. This is just one of them.

 The Death of the Phoenix

The darkness is fading in the pail morning light
An image of the dawn will soon be in sight.
With the flame of the sun rising in the east
A small fiery creature scrambles out for a feast.
At first it was small clawing at flames to get free
Once it surfaced it stretched forth its wings and flew to a tree
His flames flickered brighter as it started to sing
His symphony of life my ear it did ring.
An infusion of color like a master at work
Found place in my heart that I soon wouldn’t shirk.

The phoenix few to my side with dedication and fervor
A friend in each other with little to murmur.
I walked through my life the Phoenix did follow
Companionship and love, nothing was hollow.

As the sun set in the west I looked at my friend
Tired and weary for the long winters end.
He nuzzled my neck and squawked in my ear
The end of this friendship soon to be near.
With tears in my eyes I stroked his long feathers
He flew from my arms and into the weather.
The glimmering rays of the sun enveloped my friend
The days of the Phoenix are now at an end.
The tear from my eye now dripped from tipped finger
The sun setting fast I knew I must not linger.
As it grew dark, sadness flooded my mind
How could my friend have left me behind.
With that in my mind I soon did measure
With death of the phoenix comes rebirth and pleasure
My friend will be back although not on this day
To walk by my side and show me the way.

by:
Chip Price

0 Notes: