BlogPhoto2012

Christmas and New Year's

Chip and I were able to retreat from the horrible cold for 2 weeks, it was so nice! We spent a week in both Texas and Arizona, Christmas with my family and New Years with the Prices. We have been so lucky to have been able to see both sides this year for the holidays. Hopefully we can do it every year. This Christmas was my first at home as a married gal and it was different than other Christmases. Usually the entire (or close to) extended family is over, but this time it was just my mom, dad, Alexa, Fabi, Oscar, grandparents, Chip and I. I loved it! We got to have a very nice and quiet dinner which allowed for conversation with my grandparents, followed by a little spiritual thought/fhe style and then some games. I loved being able to spend time with my mom and dad, and it was really neat to see how Alexa and Chip bonded (he and Ariel would pair off but now that he is away, chip and alexa spent some quality time together playing games or just teasing each other). The highlight of our Christmas Eve was getting to talk to my little brother. He is such an amazing kid. I did pretty well holding back tears (everything makes me cry these days) until we said our last goodbye. He asked to be put on speaker so that everyone could hear him. He said "I want you all to know that the second reason that I am here is you guys. I have come to understand that missionaries leave their families for 2 years, so that other families can be together forever. I am here because I want to be with you all forever too." Hearing that was my memorable moment for this Christmas. On New Year's Eve we returned to Phoenix and had Christmas all over again. Mom and Dad Price are too generous! I am so grateful for their generosity towards all their children and spouses. You guys are awesome.

0 Notes: