BlogPhoto2012

Chippy's Tacos


Every time we go home to Texas we make sure to eat at Chico's Tacos at least a couple of times. Chicos offers some of the cheapest and best food that is so-not-good-for-you in El Paso. Their specialty is "tacos" (which are really flautas or "taquitos" as Americans call them) summerged in a tomato broth, smothered in American cheese and a deliciously spicy green sauce to top it off. It has become an icon of the city for if you go to El Paso without eating at Chico's Tacos at least once, I fear you will have missed the point of your visit entirely. It is definitely a hate it or love it affair. Well, Chip and I both love it and I had been craving it for like a week, so I asked my sister to give me her recipe so that we could give it a whirl.

I must say that I am sooo proud of Chip. He has always been an awesome cook and now he is mastering Mexican cuisine. He did it all on his own pretty much and it turned out fabulous! I love how he has just embraced my culture and is pretty darn good at it too. I don't think anyone is capable of reproducing a true replica of Chico's, but these came pretty close, wouldn't you agree?! Thanks Fabs for the recipe :)







2 Notes:

Amber said...

You should share the wealth, and post the recipe, haha!

Greg said...

If Chico's is anything like Jordans, I want to eat there daily.