After much anticipation and a long night, our little girl was born on Thursday, July 2 at 11:51 a.m. She was 6 lbs 14 oz and 19 in long. I was induced Wednesday night and was in labor for about 10 hours with no success. My blood pressure was off the charts and kept climbing and to make matters worse, I had only dilated to a 3. My doctor then advised us to consider having a c-section done mainly for my safety and secondly, if we didn't it could cause the baby to be under stress. I was very upset and so was Chip but after making it a matter of prayer, we decided that it would be the best thing to do. He immediately told the doctor that we would proceed with the operation and about 35 minutes later, I saw the most beautiful and tender face pop up from behind the curtain, screaming at the top of her lungs. I don't know how to describe what I felt. Looking at your child for the first time really is the most tender and fascinating thing I have ever experienced. It is amazing how you are completely smitten after just a glance. There really is such a thing as love at first sight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 Notes:
What a pretty girl! Hope everything is going well!
Post a Comment