That day we had dinner at the Texas Roadhouse which we love and then checked in at the b&b and since we had some time to spare before our date to see grandma, we took a stroll around Temple Square. I LOVE to go back to the temple, even if its just to walk around the gardens. It always brings me back to our engagement and wedding day.
Salt Lake Getaway
This past Thursday, Chip and I made our way to downtown Salt Lake to use a certificate that we had to a bed and breakfast called Armstrong Mansion. We have been to another B&B together before called the Castle Inn for our wedding night and sorry to say, this one does not come even close! However, the Armstrong Mansion is a mansion that was built in the early 1800's and is very quaint. It was so nice to wake up semi late and just walk downstairs to a yummy breakfast.
That day we had dinner at the Texas Roadhouse which we love and then checked in at the b&b and since we had some time to spare before our date to see grandma, we took a stroll around Temple Square. I LOVE to go back to the temple, even if its just to walk around the gardens. It always brings me back to our engagement and wedding day.
After enough walking it was time to go see Grandma Joan who is Chip's grandmother on Mom's side. Aunt LeAnn who is from Colorado happened to be in town and staying with her so we got to spend the evening chatting and catching up with them. They are some of the neatest ladies I have ever met! They are just as cute as my mother-in-law. I hope I am as beautiful as Grandma Joan when I am a grandma!
The next day we had lunch at Rubio's (we never pass up on this place when in Salt Lake) and then headed to Hogle Zoo. Chip had never been and this was my second time. It is a cute place to spend an afternoon at. We especially enjoyed looking at all the different types of monkeys and tried to figure out which ones we look like the most. We love to monkey around!
That day we had dinner at the Texas Roadhouse which we love and then checked in at the b&b and since we had some time to spare before our date to see grandma, we took a stroll around Temple Square. I LOVE to go back to the temple, even if its just to walk around the gardens. It always brings me back to our engagement and wedding day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 Notes:
How fun!
Next time you're up you should call me and we can meet up. We live in North Salt Lake (by Bountiful) and downtown is seriously only like 10 minutes away! ;) How is your summer going?
What a fun getaway!! I love temple square!!
How fun! You gotta love those fun little trips!
I'm glad you guys had a chance to do something so fun right before school starts back up. The pics are so cute.
You guys are too cute and one of a kind. I hope you found your primate lookalikes! Love you
Post a Comment