BlogPhoto2012

Amore Fraterno

My younger brother Ariel came up to visit last Saturday and will be here until next Monday. He is leaving for his mission soon and this was the perfect opportunity for us to spend time together before he leaves. I have loved having him here and being able to interact with him and Chip together. Its funny to me to see how much im becoming like my mami. I will turn on church music Sunday mornings to wake up "my boys" (chip and ariel), worry about ariel when he goes out with friends for a bike ride to Utah lake at 10 pm , etc and although it annoys the heck out of them, it has been a lesson for me. I can finally say that all the questioning and worrying that my parents did was really justified and unquestionable. What a blessing good parents are. Life definitely has a way of answering some of life's mysteries through "a-ha" moments, at least for me. It seems like I learn to genuinely empathize with someone until I'm in their shoes. Maybe if they were all designer shoes it would be easier? Don't mind me.

By the way, CHip is an official college graduate!! We are all SO proud of him. All these years of hard work and perseverance have finally paid off. I know few people who are so determined to reach their goals and will stop at nothing. Now that Chip finally has time to have fun without pressing school matters, we have been able to do some fun things. Yesterday we went rafting down Provo river and had a great time.

1 Notes:

Mark said...

looks like you guys had a good time. See you tomorrow!