Chip's late grandmother's family (Dorothy Daynes) holds annual reunions and this years was held on the 30th of October at the Church History Museum in Salt Lake. One of her sons, Uncle Rick is an amazing Genealogist and we learned that the Daynes family tree has been traced back to even before the Church was established, which is a breakthrough that they had been working on for more than 30 years. Coming from a family where I am only the third generation in the Church, I am so amazed and captivated by genealogy. As we toured the museum, we came to an organ that was donated by the Daynes family by Joseph Daynes, Chip's great, great, great grandfather. He was a prodigy musician who in his childhood played for the Queen in England, joined the church and made the trek to America to join the Saints in Utah. Here he was asked by president Brigham Young to play the organ at General Conference, the same one that is displayed at the Museum. Isn't that amazing! I just love church history.
After the tour, we had a family dinner at the Lion House and got to visit with Uncle Rick, aunt Nancy and Jessica. What a neat family I married into.
After the tour, we had a family dinner at the Lion House and got to visit with Uncle Rick, aunt Nancy and Jessica. What a neat family I married into.

1 Notes:
Kristal and Chip,
So glad that you got to go! Thank you for representing the family. The organ is neat...did you get to see Wilford Woodruff's clock?
Love the blog and the fun things you are doing with it...Happy Haunting...oxoxox Mom and Dad
Post a Comment