BlogPhoto2012

Count Your Blessings

I really have to do better at this blogging thing. It is so saddening to think 9 months have gone by without a new post when so much has happened in our family!

Where to begin?

 I suppose I will start by what is going on at this point in our lives and hopefully play catch up on last year's events in my next post. There have been some exciting series of events that honestly, I remember wondering 5 years ago if they would ever come to pass.
I vividly remember being a new mom to a beautiful bald, blue eyed little girl and waltzing away with her to Rob Thomas' "Little Wonders" in our little 2 bedroom rental home while feeling sad that I only had a few weeks to enjoy holding her, observing her, cuddling her, kissing her as much as I wanted when I wanted before the fall rolled around and it was time to head back to school once more.

 I remember wondering if the blessings I yearned for the most where the same ones that Heavenly Father had in store for me...for my little family. With that wonder, sporadically came feelings of despair and hopelessness, feeling like "Why even get my hopes up?" "Why do 'so-and-so' get 'A,B, and C blessings' when I am trying very hard to merit all blessings and would even be content with just blessing A and not receiving any of them.

I sit here looking back at our life these past 6 years and am in awe, once more, as I can clearly see and feel the hand of the Savior in my life. Every single trial we had, every disappointment, every challenge, every change, every blessing was part of Heavenly Father's blueprint of the Price family timeline.
When Kami was coming into our lives, we were both in school and had no immediate plans to become parents.
When we wanted to welcome a sibling for Kami, months went by with disappointment of not being able to conceive.
When we learned of Kiersten's surprise arrival, not much later we found out we would have to move from our current home and had no idea how or where we would find a home that would accommodate our needs and our budget.

And yet here we are, having started the process of building our own home that will comply with those requirements.

It truly is amazing to witness how the Lord's timing works.

It is perfect.

There is no doubt in my heart that He knows me, just as much as He knows "Suzy", and that He is the great architect behind the map in my life. I am humbled and excited to begin this new facet of our lives just as much as I am sad to turn the page on our current chapter of life. We have made so many life-long friends in our ward and we just love Provo so much!

 I hope that those of you who may be reading this know that my intention is not to be boastful, but to encourage and remind you that He know the desires of our hearts...perhaps better than we do. He knows and He has an individually-tailored plan for each and every one of His children. You matter to him just as much as I matter to him. What is important to me is also important to my Father.

Many times we forget that.

I know I have.

 However, the beautiful truth is that if we hang on to faith and believe that our righteous wishes are important to Him, we will one day find ourselves amidst the granting of those blessings that seem unattainable and find ourselves simply amazed.

 And that I am.

 "Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for"

0 Notes: