I am officially the world's worst blogger...and I feel like a runner up on worst many other things. I have said this before, and I will say it again. I really do not enjoy New Year's Eve. It makes me overly nostalgic and I attribute these emotions to the fact that I do not cope very well with change. There is something about just letting go that I can not seem to grasp. That will definitely be one of my goals to worn on this upcoming year.
Where to begin? As I think about everything that happened this year, my heart feels like a sack of bricks inside my chest...but these are happy bricks. After all, bricks make for some of the strongest abodes, right? We have been through so much this year. I think about all of the progress, trials, moments of exceeding joy and times of feelings of despair. We lost my sweet uncle to cancer; Brandon and Hillarie were married, we welcomed our sweet Khloe to our family the day of the second anniversary of my dear grandfather's passing, we said goodbye to GranDad as he is now reunited with his very missed and adored Grammie, we moved to more comfortable home, Ariel and Lycia got married, Kami started preschool with Miss Julie {who I love and as her student I always wishfully thought how great it would be to have her share her love for learning and reading with my own children}, Chip got called to be the ward financial clerk, Brother Romney lost the election we made new and very special friendships, I met my sweet friend Mandy and am now part of building one of her dreams, and the list can go on. What a special year we have had. I learned so many things that I hope I will never forget and hope that I will carry such lessons in my heart for the rest of my life.
I am so grateful to be a part of God's plan and his restored church. What comfort it has brought!! It has been the anchor and the soothing, reassuring embrace that I have needed when things were more on the bleak side. He has always been by my side. If there is one thing I want you girls, my brave Kami and tender Khloe, to know about your mother is that I KNOW that our Savior is real. He lives. He listens. He comforts. He promises and he delivers. This church is true. I know that if you will work to achieve this surety for yourselves, you will feel it and see miracles in your lives as well. There is no other way to achieve literal and pure happiness.
We have been so blessed. Some questions have been left unanswered, but I am discovering that Heavenly Father's timing is impeccable and that if we are ready and open to accept his answers, they come. I am beyond excited for what the future will bring, specifically this year. I am so undeniably fortunate and blessed to have you, Chip, by my side to raise our sweet babies...they are so lucky to have a man like you for their father. I love the 3 of you with all of my being. Here's to a new year full of new adventures and learning opportunities!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 Notes:
Post a Comment