BlogPhoto2012

When it rains, it pours...

For the past month and a half, I swear at least one of us has to be sick. Khloe, Chip, and I have been sick alternately and on and off. We all had trouble sleeping and breathing at night about a month ago, and that led Chip to go to InstaCare on a Sunday morning which turned into a visit to the hospital to get a CT scan to make sure he didn't have appendicitis. Well, $1,000 later we were told he didn't have appendicitis, and that they didn't know what was causing him pain. {EYE ROLL HERE}. Then a week later something bit him on the hand and gave him a rash and nasty looking bump. Then,  a week after that I had my infamous appointment to get an IUD. Well, I had been having very strong impressions not to go through with it. The day of comes along and of course I say to myself "Don't be ridiculous. This is supposed to be amazing birth control." So off to the doctor I go and as I am sitting in the chair waiting for the doctor to come in, I have the same feeling again. "Don't do this". I ignore it. The doctor comes in, shoves that thing inside as I feel like I am literally going to pass out from the pain and possibly die. The doctor takes off his gloves and says "There you go, kiddo. Hope that wasn't TOO painful. Have a great day" and walks out the door. Meanwhile I am trying to keep a clear mind and get a grip. This is supposed to be painful, so I had heard. Anyway, that was on a Wednesday. Saturday morning rolls around {my birthday} and we are off to Salt Lake to do some shopping before we have to be back to Provo for our first date since Khloe's arrival. We get to the mall, do some shopping, and then Khloe starts coughing and getting fussy. We head back to the car and get the girls in their seats just in time for Khloe to completely regurgitate her last feeding. Fabulous. Dinner plans are automatically canceled as we will be tending to a sick infant. That night, I wake up to take care of Khloe and start having jabbing pains right above my right hip bone. It is so painful that I start bawling and Chip wakes up. He gives me pain meds that held me over till morning. I go to church with Kami and Chip stays at home with Khloe. We come home and I think I might as well  go to InstaCare to make sure nothing is wrong with me...at least nothing serious. My intuition was beginning to warn me something had gone wrong at the doctor's office. I tell the doctor there that I have a gut feeling it is the IUD. He checks for the strings and lo and behold, he can't find them. I told him that I also couldn't find them the day the IUD was put in. My OBGYN never thought to ask me to check to make sure I could feel them or at least to make sure I knew what I was supposed to be checking for to make sure the stupid thing was in place. he simply put the thing in and walked out. I stupidly thought it must be "normal" not to feel the strings since he didn't mention anything about it and according to the research I had done online, some women never feel the strings, even when the IUD is in place. SO- he sends me to the hospital to get x-rays and a CT scan. Sure enough, they found the culprit. The darn IUD was right behind my navel, implanted in my abdominal wall. I am told to go home and get ready to come back to have surgery to get it removed. APPARENTLY, the doctor had punctured my uterus when he put it in, implanting it directly in my abdomen. What a charm he is, right?! Long story short, I show up at the hospital at 7 pm (6 hours after the diagnose), have surgery, and go home at 1 a.m. Monday morning I start having chest pains and head to the E.R. They didn't find anything wrong.

Everything starts getting back to peachy-keen reality and then Chip gets a really weird, nasty rash on his face. Turns out it is a staph infection and it looks like he has infected pimples all over his face. $100 later, he is finally healing and almost back to normal. SIGH.

We are celebrating my birthday and our 5th anniversary this weekend. {I HOPE}. Here is to hoping we can stay healthy for at least a month.

0 Notes: