Something was definitely wrong and we took 101 degree fevered Kami to the doctor.
Diagnosis: stomach flu/ some kind of virus.
For the next few days we were quarantined to our little house. On Thursday she woke up, asked for some milk {which was a good sign since she had lost all interest in any nourishment} and quietly watched Diego. I figured she was feeling better so I decided to take her to the Bean museum since the doctor said it would be ok to get her out of the house if she hadn't thrown up the day before. So we went...and learned it is always better to be safe than sorry.
Twenty minutes into our exploration of the museum, Kami asks to be picked up only to projectile vomit all over the carpet and on me. I was covered in pink cottage cheese looking vomit and feeling SO embarassed. I did the best I could to clean up and then started getting miffed at how all these people around me just stood there to watch. Really??
On the way home, she throws up again in the car. {of course}.
I take Kami back to the doctor.
He instructs us to go to the hospital.
Chip is in St. George on business.
Our AC unit breaks down.
NOT A GOOD DAY SO FAR.
I call Chip and tell him we have to go to the hospital and 4 hours later he is home to accompany us to the ER. What a champ of a husband I have. Those four hours were the most miserable i have had in a long time...I couldn't do anything to soothe Kami's pain as she grabbed her belly and screamed "Mami, my tummy really hurts!".
I thought it couldn't get any worse.
Then we haul ourselves to the hospital and just as we drive up, she vomits again. This time all over Chip in his office attire. Poor guy. He takes her in while I park the car and try to clean it up quickly.
We tell the nurse and doctor what is going on and, inevitably, Kami needs an IV.
I have never seen her so infuriated. She was literally red in the face as she protested being strapped down by 2 nurses and her father to have the IV put in. It also didn't help that the nurse couldn't find her vein so he wiggled it inside her arm for about 3 minutes and then decided he would try the other arm.
If there was to be anything comical about this situation it was this: As they are trying to wrap Kami up like a burrito to strap her unwanted arm next to her body, she holds up her index finger from her other arm and says to the nurses


Not bad for the pictures to have been taken with an iPhone, huh?

1 Notes:
Isn't it the worst seeing them like that :[ Sounds just like Paiz a few months ago! I'm so sorry I HATED going through that. Paizley was sooo sick and hypoglycemic she didn't even move when she got her first IV. Inevitably she had to get another, 12 hours later and that time she put up a little fight! And the same thing happened like Kami, they had to do it twice. Little ones should not have to go through that! I am just THANKFUL that its the worst she has had to go through tho, being at Primary really made me think of the hundreds of other kids that were there for worse reasons :[ I'm glad she is better now!
I hope your AC is fixed now!! I would have tried to get them to let us stay in the hospital longer if that was our situation! haha
Post a Comment