New Beginnings
New Year, New Beginnings...so much to write about in so little time. I wish I could find the time to do everything I want to do. Before I let my wishful thinking take over, I'll recap the holidays. Kamila and I flew to El Paso about a week before Chip was able to make it down just in time for Christmas Eve. How I love you Chippy. Always willing to spend time without us so that I can spend much needed and longed for time with my family. Its so hard to live so far away from them; they are such a big happiness factor in my life that I really have had to learn to cope with being separated from them. Im so grateful for what a wonderful husband you are. Time in El Paso went by so fast; unfortunately things don't always go as planned and this Christmas was no exception...but that is another story not worth going into. The important thing is that we were able to spend time with each other and with my grandparents who won't be around for too much longer. At least that is the situation with my grandfather. He has had a brain tumor for as long as I can remember;the day right before we left to Arizona (where we would be spending New Year's with the Prices) he had a fall, was rushed to the ER and was in the ICU for a couple of days. We weren't sure if he would live to see another year. He was then diagnosed with brain cancer and prostate cancer. My heart felt like it was being ripped out. Not only was I being separated from him and my family by miles, but now I might be separated from him for the remainder of his life.Fortunately, to this day he is still fighting the good fight. New Years was also very special. I realized that there are far more things in this life to be grateful for than we care to acknowledge and strive to be worthy of. We spend too much time being selfish, only thinking about what WE need, what WE want,what WE don't have, how WE feel, how WE have been wronged. How many hearts could be mended, prayers answered, and days brightened if we would only put our own desires and emotions aside to think of others and the needs that they have. This past week our cousin on Chip's side, J.R. passed away after battling with Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome. Some would call it tragic; he was only 23 with a full life ahead of him. Other will call it divine intervention. I choose to agree with this latter postulation. Im so grateful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and to have the knowledge that we have not lost him, but that he has been called home, to our Heavenly Father's presence to complete a different mission. What a wonderful thing it is to know that if we are faithful to covenants made in the house of the Lord we are promised that we will be with our families forever. That is my soapbox thought for the year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 Notes:
Post a Comment