I haven't had such a bad night in a long time. Last night I had to study for my Math final (you would never guess how hard math for elementary teachers is), put together a presentation for Children's Literature, finish 4 sections of Math homework, and feel very pregnant on top of it. We ended taking a break from my crash studying and accompanied our cousin Danielle for her birthday dinner at Pf Changs and it was so nice to see the girl cousins and not think about rational numbers for one. As we returned home, the craziness resumed and I was in bed by 11:30 (way past my bed time). I tossed and turned till 1:30. I could not stop thinking about how blessed and loved we are by our father up above. I could not survive without my darling husband. I am so grateful for his desire to serve and to be the best companion and friend I could have. What would I do without him?
The idea of charity has been on my mind alot lately. How easy and how hard it can be to be charitable. It is so easy to be selfish, especially this time of year. My little brother is on a mission and I get to correspond with him every week, religiously. He is away from home, freezing to death in 8 degree weather, and yet all he says to me is "Kris, I love this work. I am so happy here!" It just melts my heart. In one of his emails, he mentioned that one of the sisters in his ward who is a new convert, made some mocassins for my baby when she found out that Elder Chavez's sister was having a baby. This woman, who doesn't know me, out of the goodness of her heart is making something for my child. I can't express what I felt. This is what the Christmas spirit is about. It is so comforting and uplifting to know that there are good people all around us. Its the simple things that make this time of year so special and yet they are the things we overlook to do. I hope that we can all take the time to do the small things that make a difference in other's lives as well as our own.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 Notes:
That is so sweet Kristal!! I think you are so cute to be thinking of charity work.. I think being pregnant makes me extra sensitive to things to, like when you see people sad or struggle you wanna help, it is your motherly instinct coming out!! :)
Kristal, I totally love this, and it is such a great reminder of what we should be thinking about. Thank you! I hope that you are strating to feel at least a little bit better. If there is anything I can do, I would love to help!
Buena reflección!!!
Kristal, I love this post. I finally have caught up on my blogging after about 3 months of not. But you've got to read one of mine. I had a special experience this season to think about what is really important. I wish I just could always keep things in perspective! Love you soooo much! Sorry I missed out on your mexican food last night! I keep missing you! Got the flu! :( We're so lucky to have you in our family! Have a fabulous Christmas!
Kris, thanks so much for posting that! It was so uplifting. I really needed it. We are so blessed to have you in our family.
Post a Comment