My brother comes home in 28 days. It seems unreal. Unfathomable. I can't wait to see him. I find myself constantly imagining the whole airport moment. Anyway, I always get updates from him that uplift me and inspire me to share the gospel with those around me. Today his email made me cry; not due to sadness, but to supreme happiness. I thought I would share an excerpt and hopefully it will inspire you too.
This week has been an amazing week. We have had some really special experiences this week. We found a family from Iraq tracting about a 3 weeks ago. Our first lesson with them was awesome. The spirit bore witness of the truthfulness of the things we were sharing. They have been in the states for about 2 years and they don't speak too much English. The first night we went there we had something planned to teach but it definitely wasn't what they had to hear. We talked to them about the plan of happiness that our Father in Heaven created for us. We talked about the importance of families and the relationship that that has with temples. They said they wanted to come to the temple. One of the oldest daughters in the middle of the lesson stopped and said "I like how I feel right now... I feel peace." We then continued on teaching. We were there for about an hour and a half but it felt like 5 minutes. As we were getting ready to end the lesson we felt we had to share the first vision. Before sharing it we let them know that what we were about to share was something really important and that the spirit would bare witness that it was true by the way they felt inside in their heart and their minds. Muna following that statement said as she pointed to her heart and her mind " My heart and mind never the same. Always different." We then went on and shared the experience that Joseph Smith had. She was smiling, she looked at us and said "My mind and Heart the same!" Following that the Mother was in tears, her daughters had to interpret everything we said to Arabic because she hardly understands anything. They let us know that their Dad was in the hospital and that he was very ill. Elder Brewer and I felt inspired to let them know that if they read the Book of Mormon and prayed they would feel nearer to their father than ever. We had a prayer, left them with something to read and left. The following day we went over to sing happy birthday with some kids from the Young Single Adults. Towards the end of the lesson we asked them if they had prayed and what had happened. They smiled and said "Dad is out of hospital. He is OK." To that Mom replied " I felt really close to Dad." I love the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is real. It pierces the center of my heart to think that one day son I will no longer have the privilege to represent Him. I am grateful for the love the Savior has for us and for His infinite mercy. The Savior is truly mindful of all his people, wherever they may be.
I stand amazed at the love that our Father and his Son, our brother, our Savior, have for all of us. I know that there is only one gospel, one true church and I am grateful for having it in my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 Notes:
Post a Comment